Book review : In over her head by Leighan Dobbs


Reading, reading and reading, keeps one engaged and at times glued to the same kind of reading. I have been reading since I was introduced to library in school and neighborhood. In school it started with fairytales, moving on to girl fiction and thrillers viz a viz GIRL TALK and Nancy Drew. The senior years saw Sidney Sheldon and Dan Brown and so the list kept moving ahead.

I always maintained that I love romance and fiction but I read all genres. So recently when my Kindle send me a pop-up about a free book - In over her head it clicked the old cells in my mind which loved -  girl talk and I picked up this chick-lit.

In over her head, is the first in the series of corporate chaos by Leighan Dobbs. The book is, literally, sweet and simple.

It is a story of Marly West, a designer, who doesnt look like a designer. She will remind you of the girl next door whom we often ignore. But despite having nothing to gain attention, she does gets the attention of her boss, by her knowledge. 

Marly, being the main character, the story revolves around her. Leighan has written the entire story like a movie sequence. The storyline is enough to tell you things as well as keep room for imagination of the reader. A perfect chick-lit, teenage/young adolescent fiction (if theres a word like this).

Though the ending came way too soon, I guess it is because the author or publisher decided to create it in series it did seem to less to read.

Overall, it made me happy and I want to read the series ahead. I will rate it a 4.5/5









Book Blurb :



Designer Marly West has one reason for taking the job at Draconia Fashions...and it's not to come up with the latest clothing trends. But when she blurts out a good idea in a corporate meeting, she gets exactly what she didn’t want … an opportunity of a lifetime. Too bad taking advantage of it might reveal the secret she desperately needs to keep hidden. 



But it’s too late to get out of it now, and she soon finds that she’s in over her head with a boardroom full of resentful executives, a hot CEO, and a jealous M&M-scarfing assistant who wants to make sure Marly doesn’t succeed.

Comments

Popular Posts