In the end... it is all about what you remember - 2018 Adios


As a year passes by it fills one with mixed emotions. One is happy to begin a new year at the same time sad to see the year gone by. Happy, for new dreams and expectations and sad, for what is left behind unfinished or never done.

 Personally 2018 was not very different from the other years for me -
- I am still working in the same office - I am grateful but always wish for more growth.
- I am still single - hehe - not sad though but I do want to get married.

So it was not a milestone year but yes, there were things and situations which were never on my list but as they say ....life does happen.

January made me realize how blessed I am to have a colleague who has a heart of Gold. I had gone out of station to attend a cousin's wedding and due to work had to return before my family. There been a zero chance of me living at our house alone, my colleague readily accommodated me in her house.

I never had a sleepover since, let's say 2013 so those 5 days with her were amazing. She gave me the house keys to come and  go at my pace, we used to cook together (she used, she never let me bother on about anything actually, a perfect host) it was almost that I was running the house on my own (at least partly :)). And having never lived in a hostel, I loved it.

It is so rightly said, one who has the heart of Gold, can make anyone happy.

February had another cousin's wedding and I am grateful that I crossed 4 states in  4 days. And cherry on the cake, we had a two-day family vacation in Goa.

The first time I went to Goa it was with my friends and I didn't like it much so I was in the same mindset this time as well. But, I was wrong. I had a gala time with there with the entire family. Mind you the family comprised of people older that 50 except me.

But it fills one with so much gratitude and happiness looking at one's mom-dad, uncle-aunty, thoroughly enjoying themselves with no boundations. These were the best days for me. And yes, now I love Goa and want to go there again and again.

It is indeed rightly said, it is the people who make the places, worth to go to.

March was fun meeting friends and partying. And April brought along a sweet proposal along. Though it didn't worked out but the memories are still afresh.


I want to club MAY-JUNE-JULY as the memories are bitter but fresh. I had undergone a surgery and with God's grace and the fantastic efforts of Doctors I am back to the grind. I have shared a part of my experience in my post - Superheroes

My list of Superheroes doesn't just include the doctors but also my parents who stood by me all the time and never let me feel alone or negative and my boss, he never asked me how I was but he never pressurized me for work or taking leaves. Given chance he could have taken my authority and power but he didn't and I respect him for that.

The year just sailed on from August and it was November and Diwali time. Since the last few years I have been enjoying Diwali more and the reason being our annual celebration at office. There are color days, cultural event and a good get-together where everyone comes to know each other better.

December and Secret Santa are now synonymous and for me one amazing and one not so amazing gift I was how the Santa worked this time.

Looking at the year gone by, quite a many memories they are. I haven't elaborated much or else it would have been an even longer post.


15 days into 2019....we have loads of new memories to make. Cheers!




Comments

  1. Nice post!
    Do check my blogs on - https://mesmotsbysazz.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts