Book Review : Solitude and other obsessions By - Various



About The Book - We are a species fueled by obsessions. Every human achievement, and every infamy, is the result of an obsession that tormented, possessed and consumed. This is a selection of poetry about solitude and other obsessions that have distracted, driven, destroyed and / or defined us. Spanning genres, styles, emotions, time & place, these works by a collective of 5 poets are a glimpse into the obsessions that have become us. 


My View - The book , Solitude and other obsessions is a collection of poems by five poets - 

Uma Sudhindra 

Binod Panda 

Trupti Kalamdani 

Dr. Shruti Arabatti 

Saurin Desai 

The book was send for review and I hadn't read the blurb before laying my hands on the book so, yes it was a surprise. My personal favorite are three people - Trupti Kalamdani, Dr. Shruti Arabatti and Saurin Desai. I liked almost every poem written by them. Since it is a poetry book it is not a cup of tea for everyone. It is a collection of varied poems since it is a mix of 5 poets.

Overall I will rate it a 2 out of 5 as I didn't find it very captivating to hold one or to make one revisit it, revel in it. The poems are neither extraordinarily impactfull nor totally out of the box to set one on imaginary trail. 




Comments

Popular Posts