Book review : What they don't teach you at Harvard business school by Mark H. McCormack

 

What they don’t teach you at Harvard Business School written by Mark H. Mccormack is a non-fiction.

There are so many books to read and it is always tough to decide what to read and what not. Personally I have made some lists for myself which covers the various genres, styles, authors etc so that the most reading I do, is diverse and vivid. And so I go for buying books in a similar fashion. October is a month which I have kept for non-fiction reading. So this is how I picked this book.

As I am not a big fan of non-fiction, I bought this book last Diwali and as in October I have to buy a new non-fiction so I thought I should be done with postponing this one and now just read it. But once picked up, it is a wonderful book to read.

The author is a Yale passed lawyer and runs his own business. The author has divided the book into 3 parts for the ease of understanding and application. He elaborates every point with examples from his real-life experiences which are insightful and given the author’s sense of humor is fun to read too. The book was first published in 1984 and yet all the pointers mentioned are 100% relevant today. The author goes in details from one’s attitude towards oneself, to others, to the approach towards work and to looking towards the long term plan. 

If I have to sum up the content of this book in one sentence, I will say -

                  The better you think you are doing, the greater should be your cause for concern.

                                                               - What they don't teach you at Harvard business school


It is a non-fiction, a self-help book and a keeper for those who work towards the bigger picture. It helps one think, grow and adapt. 


I will rate it 5/5.






Comments

Popular Posts