Book review : From stressed to sorted By Sonam Chamaria



Remember the days you feel sad, dejected or miserable. We all have those days and staying true to the Book Title - From stressed to Sorted is all about that.

You will say -  another self-help book! Yes, another self help book, but a book written by a millennial not a veteran, so now I see some eyebrows raising, ahem!

I agreed on reading this book as I was going through a stressful phase and was trying everything to get over it. I was meditating, reading, talking to people and this came along as well.

It is a small little book where the author uses short instances which are relatable to real life to get her point through.

'From stressed top sorted' is all about today's scenario and our fast paced, over-ambitious lives. Each chapter ends with a tiny 'try-me', an activity to inculcate positivity in our lives and 're-wire' our thought process to a happy, positive one.

Sonam has written it in plain, simple, easy-to-understand language. Her examples are also simple and hence it is not one of those bulky books, where there are too many words but too less a meaning. But yes, the chapters at times feel a bit streched. 

The activities will barely take 5 -10 minutes and are worth it. Trust me when I say all this, I did try what she has written.



                                                  


I have been reading self-help from time to time and based on that, the book disappointed me in the content. As it is written by a millennial, I was expecting some out of the box ideas and new approaches. 

Though the author tried, but I didn't find more than a couple of instances which I had never heard or read before. 

I will wrap it up by saying it is practical philosophy - some easy stress busting activities, which if you adapt in your life, they are going to make your life even more easier.

For me a self help book has to go deeper and touch the chord. It gets tougher for the author as there are several books on the same content and only depth creates a difference. The book is subtle but needs more depth - I'll rate it a 3 out of 5.

This review was done as part of blogchatter review program.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts