Book review : The boy who loved by Durjoy Dutta


Has it ever happened with you, that a book just fell into your lap?

It did happen with me and the book is - The boy who loved by Durjoy Dutta. I have never been a fan of the new age Indian writers, barring a couple and so, never picked any of his books to date.

This book in particular was my brothers, which even he didn't read. As we were changing our house and sorting things out this book was handed over to me - keep it or give it away, your choice. As many girls drool over Durjoy Dutta, I decided to give it a shot.

The book is a story of - Raghu Ganguly - a young boy, his life, how he looks at things and people and what he actually wants. He has seen his friend dying and is unable to cope up with it. Part reason been, he didn't help him while he was dying.

As the name goes, it is a love story but nothing like the usual. Though it has the usual romance and struggle, with angry parents around, still it is different.





When I say different I am just trying to mince words and not spoil for people who haven't read it yet but one thing I want to add, because I don't want you to get a wrong idea, is - It is a very depressing read.

I have read a few sad love stories so I can clearly differentiate between sad and depressing.

We all have had that time in our lives when we don't want to live. We think about suicide, we think about ways to die, even set to think how life will unfold for our near ones once we are gone, even try to start planning for them after us...we all have at least for once had these thoughts. I mean comment below if you haven't ever...like ever thought this.

While reading the journey of Raghu one does realize this similarity of thoughts. But what doesn't happen is the feeling of empathy with the character Raghu.

The book fails to connect and for me there were some parts where the book actually pushed me away.
For me it seemed like the author specifically was searching and infusing it with sadness.

I will give it a 0/5.

Not suggesting to anyone at all.

Happiness is what we want to spread so Stay happy people.

Comments

Popular Posts