Beginners guide to organize life


I don't know how people manage so many things?

Why don't I get time?

There's so much to do and so less time?

If I work on professional life my personal life suffers, if I work on personal life, the professional life suffers.

I plan my day seldom get through the implementation.

I delegate yet I am overwhelmed.

You, me, all of us have struggled with some or all of these questions at one point or the other.
Some days we are at our productive best and some days we just let life pass us by.

I know all of this sounds familiar and you have read, researched and followed too many of such things with bare minimum progress.

This is the reason I want to share my struggle with planning, implementation and organizing and how I made things work for me as opposed to me working according to them.

In a series of posts, I'll be sharing step by step or How tos, to organizing your life.

And trust me when I say, it is for beginners, we'll start from the very basic.

Honestly how many of us organize or plan our days? We have our jobs/offices/houses to manage and 'n' number of chores to perform. We do things and keep doing things but seldom write on what we did for how long or if we intended to do something did we finish it or if something could be done in a better fashion. Write and analyse to make things better.

So Dear Beginner, let's begin!

For the coming 15 days observe yourself and how you spent your day.

And chronicle these 15 days. For this, you need a diary or a laptop. I specifically ruled out phone as I want us all to work on the bigger picture.

Now, take a fresh page in the diary or let's work on the Spreadsheet for the laptop.

For the diary, one page per day and for the spreadsheet one column for a day, mentioning the date and day.

Divide the entire page into sections of every hour from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep.

A spreadsheet will look like this - 




Everyday take out some time to sit and write what all you did in that particular hour of the day. Mention as many details as you can. You can keep doing it all through the day as well.

Doing this in itself is going to give you an insight into your day. We will meet after 15 days to go further, to analyse our day-to-day life and organise it better.


Every alternate Wednesday is dedicated to stories or instances or learnings that I learn or implement at work. So stay tuned for #WorkWednesdays















Comments

Popular Posts