Half-way through 2018


Everytime I start a new year, like most people around I make many, by many I mean too many resolutions. My ritual is to sit down with my diary on the night of 31st December and jot everything down. And the glitch is as I close the diary I put a closure on everything that is written. I never re-open those pages and so don't even remember what I wrote....quite like getting drunk and forgetting everything once you are done with the hangover. Most people at least work on the resolutions but for me, I never start.

So half-way through 2018, I have realized that it's time to re-vamp my lifestyle and a good enough time to start working for myself. Yes, I do want to work for myself but I am not planning to quit my job and get on the freelancing wagon or entrepreneurship as of now! By working for myself I mean, I want to work on things I like apart from my job. I adore my job but I also like to read, write and take pictures and colour and make some art to de-stress. These things often get neglected given the hectic work schedule. I have a 10 hour working day, 6 days a week. The time that is left is either used in leisure or being a couch potato.

I really believe in Goal setting more than resolutions...why?? because I like the sound of the word - GOAL ...professional and playful. I did some self-analysis and found out that I make too many goals and hence find it difficult to maintain even a single. So, I should take it step-by-step. So for the remaining part of the year I want to specifically work on my blog.

I started this blog in the year 2012 and apart from trying something here and there most of the time my blog has been neglected. So to change the same I have set some goals for the remaining 4.5 months of the year.  

So here I go -

By 31st December 2018 I want  -

1. Have a blog schedule and follow it through.

2. 40 blog posts to be posted.

3. Reap in 20 followers of  blog.

4. Work on Blog FaceBook page.

5. Cross 500 followers on Blog Facebook page.

6. Work on Blog Instagram.

7. Cross 1000 followers on Blog Instagram.


I am linking this post to WORK-WEDNESDAYS something I planned to start in 2017 but never worked after two posts. This time it is not going to happen and so I am linking this-one-to-that...a reminder to me :) and do read those posts as well, dated around January 2017, one of them being on resolutions or Goal setting :)


Let us begin!!!





Comments

  1. this is fantastic!! as long as you have a blue print in place, half the problems looks sorted. my personal goal is to hit a 10k on insta by december 2018. i just hit 7k today and im already jumping with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you Kadambari for your goals. It is important to get the idea and then the things will fall in place automatically.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's some good goal setting.itoolike to have a to do list and work towards a goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with these targets. Just a suggestion - u could make some of these specific. S.M.A.R.T goals... check this and implement in your goal setting and u will get so much better at achieving them. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts