Book review : The secret of Palamu fort By Razi





I have always been fascinated by palaces and forts and royalty.

The secret of Palamu fort, written by Razi is a detective thriller.

The story starts in a mysterious way where two robbers see a ghost. And this ghost has set out on a murdering spree. Detective Horo – as Robin Horo is commonly addressed is assigned this case by the Ranchi police. And then it all begins....murders, mystery and history!

Honestly, I never had heard of Palamu or Razi but the word Fort in the title was intriguing enough for me to pick this up. The story is engaging and surprising. The author has written it in simple-easy-to-understand language. The characters, of course for a detective thriller, one can easily think of the characters and so yes, the characters were predictable – an inspector, a detective, a sort-of dumb detective friend. So there was nothing special about the characters but I will like to give the benefit of doubt to the author, after all it is a detective thriller and has to have the usual ingredients of the recipe right! Besides the story have its own unique revelations and unexpected twists. Overall a good enough book to keep one hooked till one finishes it.

I loved it!! And I love it for the little instances that made me go back to my childhood and listen to my grandfather telling me tales of years gone by.

I will rate it a 5/5.




Comments

Popular Posts