Arjun's Toys #atozchallenge





It was a normal day at school so normal that I just don’t remember a thing even though the bell just rang....hmmmm 1st standard is long, boring and no nap time. Today my auto-wala didn’t came so I will get to reach home early with my grandfather and get to sleep soon.

My grandfather is way too punctual and he was there by the gate already...YAY!! I am so tired and I want to sleep now but this is not our home, where are we?? God I am so tired I want to sleep now. Oh I get some biscuits and chocolates to eat, this seems a nice place but who is this stupid, lanky boy? 

Now why my grandfather wants me to go and play with him...I mean I am in 1st standard now and he must be in KG1 or KG2.

BUT I have to go and with heavy steps I follow him upstairs to his room...and MY OH MY! I am spell-bound. This is no ordinary room; this is what I dream of every day and night. A room full of toys and I get to play with all of them. My God it’s like a shop. I don’t know what to play with and what not. This is the best day of my life. Wow I love this place and I don’t want to go anywhere ever.



That was Arjun’s room and those were Arjun’s toys. I know who Arjun is even though he may not remember me as that was first and last that we met. That was one day or maybe just few hours that I got to share his toys. But even today after I have entered the third decade of my life I still remember that white straight staircase which took me to his room, those toys and Arjun even when we probably never shared a word.  Arjun’s toys are the fondest memory of my childhood J



Comments

  1. Aww...that was such a sweet memory you shared! Wonder years indeed! All the best :)
    @KalaRavi16 from
    Relax-N-Rave

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a sweet memory! Lovely anecdote! Thanks for sharing!

    Visit to read Army Wife Tales at Tale of Two Tomatoes
    Also drop in to check 26 Chicken Recipes at Something's Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely memory.

    You have been minioned by Sheena-kay Graham
    Proud Minion of the Joy Brigade

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts